How To Join a Group
Sign in to Google Groups.
Learn how to join if you don’t have a Google Account.
- To join a group, click Join group or Apply to join group. If a group is invite-only, you can ask to be invited by clicking Contact owner. Rebecca Mayher firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After you’ve joined the group, you’ll get an email letting you know. If you applied or contacted the owner, that means your application needs to be approved.
- Change your settings and display name
- You can change your display name, photo, email address, and how frequently you get email from the group.Sign in to Google Groups.
- Click My Groups. Choose a group. In the top right, click My settings and then Membership and email settings. Choose your settings. Click Save. Join a Google group without a Gmail address
If you don’t have a Google Account, you can still:
- Read posts in public groups
- Search for posts in public groups
- Post to public groups via the web forum
But you’ll need a Google Account to:
- Create and manage a group
- Join a group
- Post to private groups you’ve been added to
- Read a restricted group’s posts
To use these features with Google Groups, you can create a Google Account without changing your email address.
Using a non-Gmail account to Access NLTAPA GoogleGroup
If you want to use a non-Gmail account to access the forums and have not done this before, here are the easy steps to create a Google account with your existing email.
- Go to http://www.google.com/ (NOT GMAIL)
- If you are currently signed in, select the round image in the top right corner and select “Sign out”
- Select “Sign in”
- Select “Use another account” or “Create account”
- If a Sign in box appears, select “More options” and “Create Account”
- Fill out the form. Below the box title “Choose your username” select “I prefer to use my current email address.”
- Follow the prompts, and you are done.